Update to large group - my biopsy - 7th March 2023

Biopsy day

Hey all. Thanks for all the well wishes and messages thus far. I just wanted to let people know that I had my biopsy today and am now back home resting up. The op was absolutely fine, largely thanks to a bit of sedative and a healthy dose of fentanyl. Hoping to have results in the next 1-2 weeks at which point I’ll send another update. No pressure to reply as I’m broadcasting this to 40 people but thank you all for your support throughout. Just a final plea for anyone trying to call me, please drop a text first - I’ve not really managed to sleep the last few nights so am conducting some serious napping throughout the day! Big love x

Context

I guess this is just one to highlight that an important update needn't be long (must do better to remember). Getting the biopsy nipped was huge, for my diagnosis but also my own wellbeing and confidence that the process was progressing. For those worried about an upcoming biopsy, I'll be working up a post on that to explain what mine was like, but if it's anything similar (and mine was pretty invasive) you have NOTHING to worry about. Honestly, the easiest procedure I could've hoped for. Fascinating too.

Comments